6.05.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty

Today was a down-low day. I woke at noon with heavy lidded eyes and a sneaking feeling that any ounce of inspiration, motivation, direction...anything -tion had been drained from me overnight. I spent most of the day on the floor...rising in regular intervals to put on another record. Because this ties in so perfectly with today’s word, I’ll make the introduction and, when we’ve all gotten to know each other a little bit, I’ll continue.

de-te-ri-o-rate v. To worsen; to depreciate.



I took this perfect opportunity to illustrate (or attempt to illustrate) the feeling of a day like today. A day when life takes a little dive.

Days like today come often, lately. I’m not sure what it is, but I fall into a low mood. It’s not angsty, and it’s not sad, it’s almost an absence of anything. Unable to think or to work; confined to the few square feet of carpet...album after album...spins the day away as the sun gets lower and the coffee gets cold.

Don't ask about the pants. I've developed a soft spot for the chef/pinstripe thing. 


I think, maybe, that I need these times. I think there’s something to be said for the languid days; the days where staring at the ceiling is tasking. Not because I like them-frankly, they’re hell, but because there’s nothing like the rebound that happens the day after. For now, though, I think I’ll throw on another lp and enjoy this low.
Evening.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment