6.08.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty Three

Welp, for the second time today, here we are.

I managed to track down a decent supplier of Super 8 film, and find out how to develop it myself in the darkroom (success!). So, now that the technical part of making this short film is out of the way, I've got to figure out WHAT this film will be about, exactly... details, details..

Now for the real reason you're here..

Today's word (isn't this how this always begins?? I'm going to have to think of a way to start these posts that doesn't involve those two words pretty soon, here.) Anyway, today's word was one that I wasn't quite sure what to do with. It was simple and precise, making it rather difficult to think of some abstract and clever way to use it as inspiration for an illustration. But, being the artistic genius that I am (seriously kidding, here) I found a way..I hope.
I think it would help, at this juncture, for you to be told the word...don't you think?

chin n. The lower part of the face. n. To lift oneself up while grasping an overhead bar until the chin is level with the bar.




I've been experimenting with a new angle (I think I've mentioned this on this blog once/twice before, maybe..) to draw characters from. I haven't quite got a fool-proof method down for drawing characters from below, so it's been an interesting process each time I try to draw from this angle. Today's piece was no exception, and took several (okay, one) false starts to get right. Admittedly, having a pencil (or something eraseable) would've made this a bit easier, but I enjoy living on the edge.


Apologies for the spot of chocolate ice cream on the right side, there...was enjoying that a little too much.


I drew her from a rather "chinny" angle; she came across looking a bit pretentious. I think, though, that she's pretentious while knowing she's pretentious...which makes it more okay...maybe. I'm pretty psyched with the way this one came out-it's cleaner and more complete somehow than a lot of the things I've come up with lately.
Maybe I'm on the right track...who knows..

Until tomorrow, enjoy whatever day of the week this is.

Xx
-r


No comments:

Post a Comment