6.13.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty Eight

Oh no! Apologies for the mess-up with yesterday’s post...it saved it as a draft and I didn’t quite catch that one. Anyway, it’s published now so I guess that makes it good..

Well, it was my second official roller derby practice today. It went a little better than the first, I think mostly due to the fact that they threw me in to skate with the “12 and under” group so...uh...I’d be with people more closely matched to my skating skill. Lovely... Ah, well, I’m hoping to get a practice space in town soon.



I guess I’d better get started on today’s post before my head hits the keyboard.

I was thinking today, while I hid inside away from the 95 degree weather, about this time last year and what I was up to. In case you’re unaware, we spent a good portion of last summer traveling in the south of France. Enjoying leisurely days at markets, and long hikes through ancient castles...I’m not sure the weather ever reached a temperature higher than 85 degrees. So, upon seeing today’s word, I knew I had to do a tribute, in some small way, to this life-changing adventure.

pass-port n. An official permission issued to a person allowing him to travel out of this country and to return; a document of identification.



I wanted to illustrate the tiring, but also the thrilling aspect of travel. I remember dashing through the airports of Bordeaux and Paris; a pack of brothers trailing behind me. I had imagined how thrilling it would be (and possibly less stressful) to be running through these airports on my own.



As I plan to return to Europe in a few short years, I can imagine just what it’ll be like to make this trip once again.

Until then, I guess I’d better sketch it.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment