6.03.2011

Day One Hundred Seventy Eight

Oh, boy. It feels so great to flop down on the floor after this day. We went to Kansas City this evening, to check out auntie Liza’s art show, and see what was happening for First Fridays. (If you are familiar with Final Fridays in Lawrence, it’s basically the same type of deal.) We saw a couple pretty good bands; Garret Nordstrom Situation did a pretty decent cover of Eleanor Rigby that I wish I could’ve stuck around for.



Before I completely pass out, I think it’s time I continue on to today’s piece of art. I’ve done pieces similar to this before; I really enjoy the simplistic style, and experimenting with shading in pen.
The word!  Right...sorry...the word.

a- light v. To settle; to come down; to dismount. adj. or adv. Burning, lighted.  



Back to shading in pen..



This came out pretty interestingly. I haven’t had much experience drawing faces from this angle; I had my first successful attempt on a table at Java Break the other day and thought I should give it a try on paper.

Ah, well, I think I’ll call it a night. Thanks for reading, everyone.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment