6.15.2011

Day One Hundred Ninety

Well, I think I’ll start out with...have you SEEN the moon?



I had the good fortune of catching it while out at Clinton Lake, and got a wonderful view of it as it rose. Unfortunately, I didn’t have my camera with me, and was stuck with my not-so-awesome phone camera. Oh, well. It was still pretty brilliant.

Today’s word made me pretty bummed out that it’s summer. Sounds strange, right? Last fall, while in New York City, I picked up a bright beautiful blue scarf from a street vendor there, and probably wore it at least 3 times a week for the following 6 months. As it is beginning to regularly reach the mid-90’s here in Kansas, I haven’t been able to comfortably flounce about in it...which has made me sad. Anyway, today’s word served to twist the knife on that one just a bit.

(Note: I really am making a bigger deal out of this scarf issue for the sake of writing-I’m not really this heartbroken over it.)

re-bo-zo n. A long scarf worn by Mexican women.



After a search to get a few ideas, I decided to go with a less traditional but still as striking use of this type of scarf.



I like the way this came out; it makes me long for a bit of cold weather. Ah, well. Maybe we should just move.

Enjoy your evening.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment