6.14.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty Nine

We confirmed, today, several things. One; skating with the 12 and under group in roller derby practice does not mean you get out of being incredibly sore the next day. Two; there is no place to skate in Lawrence that doesn’t involve potholes and fast-moving cars.
Ugh.

Spent the evening downtown, surrounded by music and the people who make it. I’m content, I think, to be in awe of them and what they create rather than attempt to join them in that creation.

Some fabulous evening busquing courtesy of Alden..I think this was Chelsea Hotel. 


The brilliant pb&j balancing act by Ron of Up the Academy (check out the sandwich...perched just so atop that guitar...)

This makes a perfect transition to today’s word; I think I’ll start in on the art. (Well, it’s all been about art...I’ll start in on MY art...)

a- round adv. To or on all sides; in succession or rotation; from one place to another; in a circle or circular movement.





I decided, for today’s piece, to do a very rare self portrait. Although, in some way or another, I think a lot of my art is a self portrait of sorts. “Around” got me thinking about my approach to people and, in a broader sense, the world in general. I don’t wish to be directly involved in things, or to be paid attention to; I simply enjoy being...around.



Artistically, I’m not fond of how this came out, but I do enjoy the story behind it.

Thanks for reading.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment