6.21.2011

Day One Hundred Ninety Six

I’ve been longing for some sense of normalcy lately. Things seem to be in constant flux-while not necessarily a bad thing, it has definitely thrown me off balance. I realized today that I’m happiest when I’m alone.
Maybe not happiest, but most at peace.
I think that year spent 90% alone has ruined me.

It was cloudy on and off today. I did a journal entry while sitting in the alley between 8th and 9th, and remarked that it was “half cloudy and half sunny; the sun doesn’t seem to add any heat”. I’m not sure why I feel the need to quote myself as opposed to simply relaying that thought-it seemed more interesting, I guess. Although...I’ve ruined the interesting-ness with a long explanation.

Anyway, as I sat there and watched the clouds roll in and out, I thought a lot about the past few months, and realized how much of a hermit at heart I am.

Not that I won’t continue to adore people, and to spend time with them, but I think I need to accept the importance of shutting the world out for a bit.

Keep reading; things brighten up a bit with today’s word.

poise v. To bring into or hold one’s balance. N. Equilibrium; self-confidence; the ability to stay calm in all social situations.



Originally, I had intended to illustrate an elegant, cool character. (Not “cool” as in awesome; “cool” as in calm and collected.) I decided to go a little beyond that, though, and give the character something to be poised despite.



Because of a terrible fear and unnecessary hatred of spiders seen at different levels in most of my siblings, I immediately jumped to “spider” as something to resist freaking out over. I’m not incredibly satisfied with the way this spider came out; it seems a bit too cartoonish, but I still enjoy the sketch.

Thanks for reading.
Now go away.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment