6.24.2011

Day One Hundred Ninety Nine

Rest assured-this blog is still up and running and will be updated very super late tonight...because I'm lame like that. Xx


Oops. I guess I lied about this being updated that night. Oh, well. I’m playing the migraine/I-had-to-get-up-early-to-shoot-a-wedding card. As I was at Punk Rock Formal from noon to 1 in the morning, I took a brief minute while snarfing down some dinner, to pick and illustrate a random word.

I used a flier I’d been given as both a drawing surface and a source of inspiration. Of all of the words printed on the flier, “Crossroads” really stuck out at me. (Sadly, my poor dictionary doesn’t have the word printed in it-what the heck??-so we are left without a formal definition.)

Because I was much too lame to remember anything great to draw with, I was stuck with a comparatively wide-tipped pen with which to sketch in a tiny area. Thus, this drawing came out looking quite blurry and too filled out.



Oh, well. I still really enjoy this word and how it applies to life. I think that there are often times in life when one finds oneself at a crossroads. What’s important, though, is to recognize that you are in that position, and be able to decide which road will lead to something best in the long run.

Who knows.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment