6.07.2011

Day One Hundred Eighty Two

Gah! I've found myself without a computer!! Never fear..this project is still up and running-today's post will be updated below as soon as is humanly possible (whenever I get out of bed tomorrow).

Xx

Alright, well, here we are. I can't really remember yesterday, to be honest. I think I went somewhere...or talked to someone...ah, well. Today is another summer day to be wasted. I'm currently researching Super8 filmmaking in the hopes of creating my first silent, black and white short film this summer. It's hard enough to find the film, much less find a place to process the stuff for less than 15 bucks a cartridge. Ah, the search goes on. For now, though, I guess I'd better complete this over-due post...

Yesterday's piece of the English language was just so, so incredibly perfect for my recent obsession with old-school filmmaking; my tired brain almost couldn't believe it's luck at coming across such a magnificent word.

car-tridge n. A case made of metal, pasteboard, etc., that contains a charge of powder; the primer and shot or projectile for a firearm.



Well, I had kind of a different definition in mind for "cartridge". Having spent the last few (or 8-10) hours scouring the internet in search of sanely priced Super8 film cartridges, I couldn't NOT illustrate something to do with filmmaking. As I have yet to form a clear idea in my head about what exactly I want my film to be about, I didn't have anything particular in mind to illustrate. I decided to take some of my newfound knowledge (which isn't much) about lighting a scene for a movie, and set up a shoot.



I went with a strange and mysterious scene to keep you guessing (translation: I have no idea what I'm doing). For now, I'm too absorbed in this new project to have anything of value to say that isn't on the subject of filmmaking, but I do enjoy the way this one came out.

I hope to have a couple decent, working cameras soon so I can get this bug out of my system.

Apologies for the day-late post.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment