5.01.2011

Day One Hundred Forty Five

I always find it interesting that unity is something experienced in waves. No matter the grumbles, the disagreements, the daily defiance we experience in our lives, millions can feel so close together in seconds. With that, I think I’ll begin today’s post.

Without my dictionary for a night *gasp* I was forced to deviate from the normal routine and employ the use of a Thesaurus. Today’s word was fairly simple, and allowed me to fulfill one reader’s request. I will not be typing the definition of today’s word in its entirety, though, due to the fact that it is almost a quarter of a page long and it’s late.

pass n. An opening through mountains.



I began by illustrating a simple mountain path, adding layer upon layer of detail. Unable to resist, I added trees along the path to fill out the piece.




I experimented with line direction in order to convey an elevated path, and to add detail to both the road and the trees beside it.

I hope you enjoy today’s post; thank you for reading.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment