5.16.2011

Day One Hundred Fifty Nine

I took the day off today. As Mondays are best spent, I relaxed and eased myself slowly into what’s going to be a busy, busy week.

As it is late, I’ll keep today’s post brief. Today’s word reminded me of a time not-so-long ago when I was still able to take down my younger brother. Before he decided to grow about a foot taller, and infinitely stronger, I would be able to grab him in a headlock and throw him down in a second. Ah, the good old days.

tack-le n. Equiptment used for fishing or other sports or occupations; an apparatus of ropes and pulley blocks for pulling and hoisting heavy loads. In football, a position on a football team; the lineman between the guard and the end.



Oddly enough, the definition of “tackle” I used for today’s word isn’t even in this dictionary. Anyways, I decided to illustrate the way things used to be between my bro and I; the lovely days when I could still kick his little butt.



I hope you enjoyed today’s piece, and any brothers you might have.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment