5.17.2011

Day One Hundred Sixty

Well, once again, I’m up super late, typing away. I think this blog has become a late-night deal. Eh...I need to move this up a little so I’m making a little sense when I go to tell you about my art.

So, today’s word threw me a little. I wasn’t sure really how to use it, until I thought a little bit more. Anyways, here it is:

ache v. To give or to have a dull, steady pain; to want very much; to long for.



I thought about wanting things; how we spend more time yearning for things in life than we do actually working towards getting them. Not that a little yearning isn’t good; I think it helps us to appreciate things when we get them (or get to be with them). For today’s piece, I wanted to illustrate a character simply aching.



I kept it simple; shading the background a bit to add some depth. I like the strange look on her face as she sort of stares off into the distance.

Thanks for reading; enjoy your evening (or morning).

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment