5.13.2011

Day One Hundred Fifty Six

Well, once again it’s super late and I find myself listening to the Doors, windblown and thrilled with everything “art”. I managed to stretch, coat, burn, and print today. (If you are unfamiliar with screen printing, this is an accomplishment, if I do say so myself.) I think, of the most recent prints, I’m happiest with the one I came up with today. I managed to pull it the correct number of times, with the correct pressure, and ended up with a clear image (gasp)!!



The sketch, writing, and brick background are all original creations.

Okay, enough bragging...it’s time for today’s word.

Once again, I have to report no sign of the dictionary. I even looked for it today, I swear!

corner n. [a protruding edge] [a sharp turn]



I won’t type the rest of the definitions-I think you all probably have a pretty good idea of what a corner is.

Now, today’s word made me think of corners as they are used for punishment, or to house a creepy, lurking character. I used this for today’s word, to create a somewhat mysterious illustration.



Employing the use of some Gorey crosshatching, I shaded the area around the character to darken the mood and hide the rest of the body. I like the kind of goofy way her feet stick out.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment