5.06.2011

Day One Hundred Fifty

So, I’m taking a quick break from printing to bring you today’s post. For some reason, the silkscreening bug tends to bite around 8:30 or so...meaning that I don’t really get printing until 10-ish. It’s great when I can pull it off (which is rarely) but, regardless of the final product, there is a miraculous rush involved. There’s something about when the ideas come flooding in, and you know something great is about to work its way up from the depths of your subconscious that never changes. It’s the most incredible thing, as an artist, when this happens, but it’s important to use it for all that it’s worth. Anyway, I’d better get started on today’s post before I run out of energy (haha, yeah right).

Today’s word was a simple one; I kept the piece simple as well. It reminded me of a woman getting dressed to go out; trying on every bit of jewelry she owns to get the perfect piece as she asks her companion to fasten them around her neck.

clasp n. A hook to hold parts of objects together; a grasp or grip of the hands.



I illustrated just the neck and lower jaw of a woman featuring a rather large, complicated necklace. I wanted to keep the background simple to as to highlight her jewelry (and, therefore, the word).




I like that this is cartoonish and simple; her mouth placed in a slight twist, as if she is examining her reflection in a mirror.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; thanks for reading, and happy Friday!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment