5.14.2011

Day One Hundred Fifty Seven

Today was a sleepy Saturday. We huddled inside away from the cold for most of it (although, after the couple days of 100 degree weather we just had, I’m hesitant to complain about a chilly day or two). After a really awesome, really chilly outdoor rock show, it was time to settle down, thaw out my toes (one of them turned blue...seriously...) and make some art.

I found that old dictionary today!! The brat was hiding atop a wardrobe in a box of patches/stickers/notebooks. How it got there, I have no idea. Unfortunately, I left the house without it, and had to use another too-fancy, too-large, pretentious dictionary to find a word for today.

cas-cade a steep usu. small fall of water. Something arranged or occurring in a series or in a succession of stages so that each stage derives from or acts upon the product of the preceding.



There’s more to the definition than that (as you can see from the photograph) but I won’t go into it too much.

So, I couldn’t get the image of “cascading” hair out of my mind. I didn’t much like the idea of going with a curly, flowy look-it seemed much too bland and girly. I decided to go with something a little different, and a little more abstract.



She seems almost confused by her hair situation. Although it seems like a mess, I’d kill (or at least seriously injure) for hair that long. Ah, well, a girl can dream.

Have a good night everyone.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment