5.22.2011

Day One Hundred Sixty Six

Good evening, everyone. This post comes to you from the living room floor, as your author attempts to keep from moving one single sore muscle. After signing up for junior roller derby yesterday, I figured I’d better get back on skates.



A few hours later, I managed to stay upright long enough to build up some momentum in the gym and really get skating. I fell and slid across the floor less than half a dozen times, so I’d count it as a good, albeit bruise-y day.

I took a few liberties with today’s word; bending it a bit to fit the character as it evolved. It feels great to be drawing something un-girly, though.

Today’s word is interesting, but comes off as a bit of an exaggeration when you see the final piece.

el-e-phan-tine adj. To have a lot of strength or to be great in size.



I liked the idea of illustrating a rather fat character; someone loveable and chubby. Although I’m not sure anyone would really refer to this poor man as “elephantine”, I like the way he came out.



I decided to keep his face blank and mannequin-like after I had traced a pencil line so as to be able to draw the face at a particular angle. I liked the way the simple line complimented the rest of the character.

I hope you enjoyed today’s post; have a great night.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment