5.20.2011

Day One Hundred Sixty Four

I’m so glad it’s finally the time of the year where I can take advantage of this thing we call Wi-Fi and sit out on the porch while writing a post. To top it off, the gray rainy weather of today eventually gave way to some sun and a nice cool breeze. Ah, summer is coming and life is looking pretty good.
I thought I’d get today’s post out of the way early so as to leave my evening free. You know, because I just cannot be bothered with you guys anymore...

So, similar to a word a couple nights ago (I swear, I’m not doing this on purpose.) today’s word left the possibilities wide open and fit pretty well, I think, with my own style of illustration.

ob-scure adj. Remote; not clear; not easily understood; unknown, or unnoticed to fame faint. v. To make dim or dark; to conceal by covering.



Quickly abandoning the idea of illustrating a hipster on a quest for the intensely obscure (I’m so tired of them...seeing one in the mirror every day is hard enough..) I decided to go with someone who a little more genuinely demonstrated today’s word.
I drew on a sort of modern-art, Maude Lebowski-type inspiration, mixed with a bit of Persepolis.



Her hair came out looking a bit like a hijab, which makes the beret atop her head a little ironic. I’d claim to have done that on purpose, but I’d like to stay out of politics in this project, as much as possible. Anyway, I messed with the background a little; sort of freely doodling as I went along. I wanted some obscure symbolism in there to add to the effect a bit.

I hope you all enjoy your evening and your weekend!!

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment