12.30.2010

Day Twenty Three

The room is well on its way to becoming usable...yay!

As promised, here is the photograph of yesterday’s piece:


Now for today...I had decided to use my white pen and a small piece of mat board that I had found on the floor while cleaning (so, so glamorous) for today’s piece even before I knew what the word would be. After I had found my word, everything just came together...

fe-mur  n., pl. femurs or femora  The bone extending from the pelvis to the knee.



Although I’m not entirely satisfied with this creation, the altered take on black and white line drawings has (hopefully) potential. It may not seem this way, but it is definitely a dramatic change (and challenge) to create a good balance of negative and positive space when switching from black-on-white to white-on-black. I’m excited to see what is produced with a bit more practice. Until then...





As always, enjoy!
Xx
-r

2 comments:

  1. Love love love this one! I just had the craziest dream about our living/work space and paint and chickens and skylights. I think it was inspired by all the creative energy around these days!

    ReplyDelete