12.25.2010

Day Eighteen

Let me begin by saying: Merry Christmas!
Here is the photo that you missed out on yesterday (apologies):


This is going to be a small post for that very reason; I think I got maybe 6 hours of sleep and in the world of the teenage girl that is about 2 hours. But, hey, it’s Christmas!

Today’s word, although not particularly Christmasy, could definitely tie in with what I imagine many of you are doing at the moment-settling down with some post-Christmas blues in front of the “boob tube” after a long day.

The word (or, rather, words) is “rabbit ears”.

rab-bit ears  n.  Indoor television antenna, having two extensible rods, connected to a base forming a V shape.



Although TV’s have evolved far past the point of rabbit ears, I still draw them with this addition. It’s much more classic or recognizable (after all, without rabbit ears, a TV just looks like a box). Anyway, I decided to do a little bit of a strange take on television watching with today’s drawing. At first, I thought of placing the TV in the stomach, but that reminded me a little too much of teletubbies. Remember those things? Eew. Anyway, I decided to go with the mouth. It seemed a good and ridiculous place to have a TV. I hope you like it and, again, Merry Christmas!!



Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment