12.12.2010

Day Five

In the middle of a cleaning frenzy, I remembered that I had not done today’s piece of art. (Ahhh!) So I took a short (which turned into a long) break from cleaning.


First, I should probably include the pictures you were denied yesterday (sorry, sorry, sorry)... 

The lyrics to Hallelujah are written behind him (okay...only about 1/2 the lyrics but come on...it's a mountain of a song) The drawing doesn't look like much, but watch this. This is kind of what I was getting at:


Oh yeah. Dictionary, dictionary, dictionary... 

 Okay, now that that’s done, time for today’s word.

re-ceive  v.  To take or get something; to greet customers or guests; to accept as true or correct; to assimilate through senses.

Alrighty then...

Because the holiday season (ah, so politically correct it hurts) is coming up, I thought of a big, giant, present. You know...the kind we ALL like getting whether we can admit to it or not. This began as a pen and ink drawing, but I decided to add some color. Colored pencils seemed too subtle an effect, markers too childish...I decided to go with acrylic paint. I like the texture it leaves on the paper when it dries. It makes the art seem more real somehow. Maybe I’m just a weirdo. I know I’m just a weirdo.

Anywho, I took photographs of the drawing/painting at several stages so you could see the process (also so I still had a picture of the art even if I messed it up by adding paint). Well, here it goes:






I think I like the red, white and black version the best. But hey, that's just me... 

2 comments:

  1. I love it Ruby! we all want that great big prezzy under the tree to have our name on it!! great stuff... I too like it better before the green! keep going, you're on a roll!

    ReplyDelete