12.11.2010

Day Four

First let me apologize for any mistakes/ weirdness in this post. I am blogging from an iphone, and anyone who's ever tried to type a large amount of text on one of these will know why this could easily lead to issues. Okay well...I'll just begin.

I let Henry "find" tonight's word, and he "found" a great one. Most of you, as I did, will probably begin to hum a certain song to yourselves as soon as you read this word.

hal-le-lu-jah
intrj. Used to express joy, praise, or jubilation.

Last year my family and I had the incredible chance to see Leonard Cohen in concert at the Midland Theatre.I can still picture him singing this song. He was small and frail-looking, and for that rich voice to be coming from him seemed impossible. Each time he opened his mouth to sing I was amazed. Although I'd never listened to many of his songs on my own, I'd grown up listening to them and each was more familiar than the last.

Although I am not able to post photographs here from my phone, I will tell you that today's drawing is of that concert, and of that song (as well as I know how to draw something that only ears can "see"). The photos will be included in tomorrow's post. Thanks for reading.

2 comments:

  1. That song is a favorite of mine, and I count KD Lang's live version among the best. I look forward to the art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jeff Buckley version is transcendental. I saw Cohen at the Fox Theater in Atlanta last year on that tour. Amazing.

    ReplyDelete