12.19.2010

Day Twelve

Day twelve. Oh boy. Hoping to somewhat recover from yesterday's poor excuse for a post, I spent extra time this evening working on this piece.

Today's word, despite the rather dry definition found in my trusty dictionary, produced a sweet and wintery image.

Oh yeah, the word...

Today's word is rouge.

rouge n. A cosmetic coloring for the cheeks.





















See what I mean by "dry"? I mean, come on dudes, I know you can do better than that.
Well, anyways, I thought it would be nice to have a black and white drawing with just a speck of color to make it pop, and "rouge" provided the perfect opportunity for me to experiment with that. Hope you enjoy!





































































xx
-r





P.S.
After trying to pick gross words out of the dictionary for me to draw, Zachary and I have agreed that he will join me in the word of the day challenge. The word I "chose" for him was "Carton".

carton. n. A container made from cardboard.































Boring? I think not.

1 comment:

  1. Hey, Ruby! Is "Rouge" for sale? Let me know. I love it. Karen

    ReplyDelete