12.14.2010

Day Seven

Day seven, oh boy! I feel like I’ve been doing this for years. I should probably get down to business...

I lucked out with an awesome word today. I knew exactly what to draw the moment I saw it. I should probably tell you what it is, huh?

mas-quer-ade  n. A costume party in which the guests are masked and dressed in fancy costumes.  v. To disguise oneself.
apparently this is the "masturbation" page (top right) 
The dictionary description pretty much sums up today’s artwork.
Bit of background: I’d gotten a shipment earlier today of 125 pieces of backing board from clearbags.com (my new best friend), and decided to use one of the 5x7 pieces to see how they worked out. So far, they work great!



The sketch was good enough (if I may say so myself), that I was afraid to paint it for fear of ruining it. I plan to scan it into the computer (yay! risk-free art thanks to technology) and print it out to practice with some different paint colors. Maybe try a monochromatic color scheme (multiple shades of blue or green or red). Sounds like a good thing to include in tomorrow’s post, yes? Yes.

For now, here is the black and white original sketch. Enjoy!
Xx
-r

4 comments:

  1. Another great post Ruby! I love the wobbly perspective... is she holding a huge mask or is she leaning way towards the camera? !! Keep up the great work! xx A. L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey!! That was me at Halloween this year! (not) You are amazing, miss!

    ReplyDelete