12.21.2010

Day Fourteen

Ah, home at last...

After throwing some laundry into the washer and feeding the fish, it was time to get down to business.

Today I lucked out with a very easy word; most of my drawings could be said to already include it. Although today’s drawing is not necessarily entirely about the word, it gave me the freedom to experiment with a new element that has been showing up in my art for the past few days-impossible eyelashes.

Today’s word, in case you were wondering, is “gird”.

gird  v. To surround, encircle, or attach with or as if with a belt.


As soon as I saw it, I thought “haha! Dictionary, my old friend, I have won this one.” For those who have not yet caught on, (it may be most of you due to the lack of good writing featured on this blog) many, if not most, of my drawings depicting young ladies show them with some sort of a belt or ribbon around the waist. So, for today’s word, I simply carried on as usual.

The eyelashes showed up on a drawing a few days ago; it was one of those sitting-at-the-kitchen-table doodles that manages to spark something and gets you going on a new path. For some odd reason, I have been unable to draw a satisfying pair of eyes lately, so this makes a great alternative for the moment. I hope you enjoy!

Xx
-r

p.s. Zachary’s word of the day was tinker.

tinker n.  A person who mends domestic household utensils; one who does repair work of any kind. v. to work as a tinker; to attempt to fix, mend, or repair something in a bumbling, unprofessional manner.


In about .00001 seconds (how ever does he get ideas that quickly??), he was drawing this: 


3 comments:

  1. Ruby - YOU my dear are not only an artist, but a WRITER as well! Reading your blog builds the suspense as to what your 'word' of the day is & love it!!
    This young lady is beautiful...especially the eyelashes & the hair!
    Oh & I love Zach's tooo!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the eyelashes, and I agree, your writing style is fun and conversational!

    ReplyDelete