7.24.2011

Day Two Hundred Twenty Nine

At the advice of my ever-interesting companion, I will begin with "Well, we got some rain today." Which would be the truth-we did, indeed, get rain today. It was not quite enough, though, and we're hoping for more to stop the spread of the forest fires that have been sweeping this area. 
We stopped by the Lizard for a few hours today to have some coffee, play a few rounds of cards, and sneak back into the kitchen for a peek at the changes. The staff was a bit confused-they were not sure who these strange ladies were, and why they were back where customers were not generally allowed. Hah! If only they knew the years we had spent as munchkins at the Lizard... Ah, well, it was good to be back. 



The after effects of a double shot americano having caught up to me, I relied on shading to cover up my shaky lines for today's piece. Wait...the word. I think I'll start off with that.

slick-er n. A raincoat made of yellow oilcloth.



Rain has been on the mind as of late, and today's word gave me the chance to get it onto paper. 
I began with a pencil illustration, which I inked, and then re-shaded with graphite. I felt that the flatness of pen didn't quite fit with the softer, more gradually shaded look that pencil can give.




I added some odd details to this character-I wanted to avoid a red riding hood vibe. 
I rather like her, though. 
Hoping she'll work as a sort of rain dance and bring back the clouds over the canyon. Just a suggestion, there.

Well, enjoy your evening. Lord knows I will. 

xx

r

No comments:

Post a Comment