7.10.2011

Day Two Hundred Fifteen

We didn’t leave the house today. I think, at one point, the heat index reached 120 degrees. I wasn’t going to set foot outside in that kind of heat... So, we stayed huddled indoors out of the sun and did a bit of re-organizing. Got back down into the print studio today; it was wonderful even to ink the first layer of a two-print run.

Settled down in front of a movie to relax for the evening. We’d spent a good chunk of the afternoon loading CDs into a 300-cd disc changer, and another good chunk clicking through to find some decent music. Okay, so the clicking through was entirely my doing... Anyway, the music I finally settled upon has been stuck in my head since hearing it. When I came upon today’s word, it fit perfectly.

spell v. To say out loud or write in proper order the letters which make up a word; to relieve. n. The state of being controlled by magic; a short period of time; a time or period of illness; an attack.




Have always loved this song.
I am struck by the way she, in this song, is both powerful and powerless. It’s as if she does not beg for love; she demands it.
This has stuck with me, and I wanted to illustrate a character that portrayed this contradiction.



It’s rough, but I enjoy it.
I like the way this character turned out looking broken yet resolute.
I aspire to be like that when, if ever again, I find myself in that place.

Evening.

Xx
r

No comments:

Post a Comment