7.11.2011

Day Two Hundred Sixteen

Spent the day with some pretty cool people.
I’ve got to back up, though, and tell you about some artwork.
I spent part of my morning (between batches of cookies) finishing a print run that I’d been wanting to work on for, what I’m embarrassed to say, was weeks on end.
Anyhow, I finally managed to do a run of 11 prints, plus a couple multi-layer prints with the same screen.




Sweet!
Now I can finally pull out the material and use the screen for new projects. It’s been too long, print studio.

So, today’s word:

par-snip n. A plant from the carrot family cultivated for its long, edible root.



Now, I had a vague idea of what a parsnip looked like, but I thought I’d google them anyway to get some ideas.
When you’re googling something as specific and simple as a parsnip, you generally get exactly what you asked for-dozens of pictures of similar looking parsnips.
Deciding I liked the look of the many lines, and the sort of strange, knobby way parsnips look, I wanted to simply illustrate a parsnip literally.



I didn’t want to draw definite lines-I wanted to allow the shading to define the shape of the parsnip.
I don’t normally go for the realistic, or try to illustrate food, but I do like the way this came out.

Well, I think that’s about all I have to say for this evening.

Goodnight.

Xx
r

No comments:

Post a Comment