7.02.2011

Day Two Hundred Seven

I'd like to start off this post by saying that we are hitting the road at about 4 in the morning, and will be traveling for a few days. The art will, of course, continue as normal...but I can't say that the posts will. I will update whenever possible, but, if this blog goes dark for a few days, rest assured that this project has not screeched to a halt.

We attended about 15 minutes of a bluegrass festival today outside of Chico...stopped for some seriously awesome, classic and simple burgers at Mark's..



So, today's word made me think of our drives up into the mountains during this trip...and my age-old response to the chaos. Something about this family demands that each and every time we get in the car, each person must roll down their window all the way (highways and dirt roads included) and do their best to be as loud as possible. Coupled with very, very bumpy mountain roads, this can make escaping from this...uh...scene rather difficult.

bumpy adj. Being uneven; having ups and downs.



I really liked the way that this word applied to this trip (and growing up with four brothers) both literally and figuratively. I decided to illustrate, for today's piece, the car ride through Yellowstone.



Hah! I'm sure I'll both be amused and filled with regret as I remember the family vacations I spent trying to escape.

Goodbye for now (I hope to write tomorrow night...we'll see.)

xx
-r




No comments:

Post a Comment