7.06.2011

Day Two Hundred Twelve

Woah, woah, woah.
Kansas...you aren’t allowed to do this to me.
Walking out of the house this morning was like falling into a lukewarm bath.
Give me back my mountain air, damn it!

Speaking of mountain air, or, really, mountains...

sea level n. The level of the sea’s surface, used as a standard reference point in measuring the height of land or the depth of the sea.



So, although Kansas isn’t sea level...I don’t think? Nah, I don’t think so... Anyway, this made me think of coming down from the mountains and knowing that I was heading down from gorgeous, cool, crisp, pine-scented bliss and trading it for a wet, boring dip in the middle of the country. Okay, not to slam Lawrence...it’s a wonderful town, but I’d love it to be somewhere not so sticky! Sheesh.

Since I’ve been hung up on mountains lately (and probably will be until it starts to cool off here) I decided to illustrate the sort of longing for the mountains.



This turned out to be sort of...I’m not sure. I’m lacking an appropriate adjective here.
I enjoy it, though, I think.

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment