7.08.2011

Day Two Hundred Thirteen

Took a sick day today.
Which is ironic because today was the most artistically productive I’ve been in a while. Nothing large was achieved, but I’m slowly getting back on my feet as far as sketching and printing go.
The one part of today that I really enjoyed was digitizing a stack of LPs. I worked my way through to a Dizzy Gillespie album I’d bought in Livingston. As it finished, I played it for the first time on a computer, and was overjoyed to find that the deep warmth of the vinyl had come through the digitizing process-every soft crackle and pop was left intact.
Perfection.

Today’s word really resonated with me in kind of an abstract way.
I’d continue and try to save myself from coming off as a pretentious artsy type, but I think I’ll have to tell you the word first or my attempt will make little sense.

shelve v. To put aside; to place on a shelf.



Alright, so, back to this explanation.
I’ve been thinking a lot about the split between enjoying your life and being desperate for something different. I can recognize the near perfection of my situation-I can look at things and see how much I enjoy them, and how much they mean to me. Sometimes, though, I wish I could put this life on a shelf-just store it for a while. I think I’m selfish enough to want to fall off the map without burning any bridges; and to be able to return to the way things were without consequence.



Now, I’m not sure that sentiment is entirely captured in this quick sketch-good thing there’s a written element to this blog.

I don’t know.
I think I’ll battle this feeling for some time to come. I may never figure it out, but I just might. I guess we’ll see, eh?

Xx
-r

No comments:

Post a Comment