7.25.2011

Day Two Hundred Thirty

Another blissful day in Jemez.
We worked on repainting the mural on the side of the Laughing Lizard (it had gotten so faded, people were having trouble remembering it was even there). Maddie and I were discussing retirement here; I would love to spend my later years on some little porch, watching the clouds make their way over the canyon. 

I enjoyed today's word; not the word alone, but the product that came from it.

dis-dain v. To treat contemptuously; to look on with scorn.



I wanted to put a twist on this word-to give it some sense of lightness and humor. Today seemed too peaceful and centered a day for ugliness.



I rather enjoy the way this came out; it reminds me quite a bit of the mix of love and slight disgust I find in myself when it comes to dealing with noisy, sticky younger brothers.

Evening.

xx
r


No comments:

Post a Comment