7.23.2011

Day Two Hundred Twenty Eight

Well, we've made it! 
Fourteen long, sugar-filled, ADHD-medicine-lacking hours later...we have arrived in New Mexico. We hit rain coming in, which made the entire remaining journey smell of wet earth and sage. I could not have dreamed of a better welcome home.

We are now settled in at the house in Jemez Springs, relaxing; enjoying NOT sweating. After a delicious dinner (did not include barley, despite Maddie's claims that the parsley was actually barley) , it was time to settle down in front of a notebook and get this post out of the way. I mean...get to do the art I've been looking forward to since I awoke this morning at 4  a.m. 

So as I landed on this word, Maddie peeking intently over my shoulder, I couldn't resist the temptation to poke a little fun. I'd like to state that the use of this word as applied to a Maddie-like character is entirely in jest. Mostly in jest. 

pes-ter v. To harass with persistent annoyance; to bother. 




Hah! So, as I remembered back through the lengthy hours of our car trip, the signature Maddie hug stuck out to me as something that would translate well to a cartoon-like illustration. In case you have not met this...ahem...character, she is rather fond of giant bear hugs accompanied by a very long, drawn-out utterance of "huuuuugggg" just to make sure you are aware that you are receiving such a gift. 



Now, this illustration was done a bit smaller than it probably should have been; the ink ran a bit. Ah, well. I think you get the basic idea. 

Until tomorrow. 

xx
r






No comments:

Post a Comment