8.03.2011

Day Two Hundred Thirty Nine

Well! Looks like we’ve got an early post here. It’s so much nicer to try and make art when your eyes will actually stay open.

I slaved away for a few hours in the darkroom today, and ended up with nothing to show for it. I think there’s a problem with my enlarger-strange lines kept showing up on my photographs...grr!! I decided to give it a rest, and continue on the other enlarger tomorrow.
Angry, angry, angry.

Tired of the usual paper, I opted for a soft chipboard for today’s piece. Although I think I prefer the contrast of ink on white paper, the ink flows pretty well on this surface.

com-press v. To press together into a smaller space; to condense. n. A soft pad sometimes medicated, for applying cold, heat, moisture, or pressure to a part of the body.



I kept returning to the image of a character “compressing” his/herself into a small space. Lacking a more concrete idea, I decided to go with it.



As an afterthought, I added the pot of flowers. I like the tension a sort of delicate item adds to the already cramped situation.

Hmm.

Xx
r

No comments:

Post a Comment