8.17.2011

Day Two Hundred Fifty Three


I think today went alright. Went through enrollment...failed a math exam. The usual.
I’ve been writing more. Nothing incredible...nothing that really makes much sense, even. I guess they’re just strings of thought-written down before they leave my head. I don’t know. It’s a start, I guess.

Today’s word may not be that interesting, but it applies to an incredible number of things...I was able to chew it over and find something interesting (I hope) to do with it.

right-an-gle n., Geom. An angle of 90 degrees; an angle with two sides perpendicular to each other.



With quite a few shows coming up this fall and frustrated with Hobby Lobby almost to the point of making my own picture frames came to mind with today’s word. After some thought, though, I decided to skip the frame idea (how interesting can an illustrated picture frame really be?) and go for something else.
I began running through ideas..objects and scenes in everyday life that involved right angles.
I kept returning to walls or, rather, corners. Without knowing where I’d end up, I began to sketch out a brick wall. In case you haven’t tried to draw a wall by hand and keep the perspective correct, it’s quite the task. I’m still not sure I got everything where it should be but...you get the idea.



I kind of like this one.
I enjoy the highlight on the wall to the right-you get the detail of the brick on one side and, on the other, it fades into darkness.

Xx
r

No comments:

Post a Comment