8.18.2011

Day Two Hundred Fifty Four


First day at work today. It’ll take a bit to get the swing of things, but it’s good to have something to do.
Very much dreading the start of school-it’ll be rough getting back into it...forcing my brain to absorb information it doesn’t care about. Dunno...we’ll see.

Today’s word made me think of the odd bits of writing I’ve been working on lately...and the process of filling up a notebook. But...I’m getting ahead of myself.

mole-skin n. The dark gray pelt of the mole; a heavy, durable cotton fabric with a short, thick velvety nap on one side.



Thank god for brand names, because I wouldn’t have known what to do with today’s word otherwise. Now, the word I’m thinking of is “Moleskine” as opposed to “mole skin” but, either way, here we are.



So, I’ve always loved the process of filling a notebook. Not just with writing, but found objects, bits of art and so on. I love, as the notebook fills, how it warps and wears down...breaks in and eventually starts to fall apart.
Anyway, I wanted to illustrate that with a simple sketch.

Xx

1 comment:

  1. I have several traditional lined Moleskines, NONE of them are full. This feels wrong. But the way I will fix it is to start a new one and try to fill that!

    Paul

    ReplyDelete