8.30.2011

Day Two Hundred Sixty Six


Spent the better part of the afternoon spray painting on the porch like a madwoman. The porch was littered with stencils, papers, cans of paint and wadded up tape by the time I’d finished with it. I managed to get a few good posters finished, though, and stapled them up as advertising for our little zine.
On to today’s post...

parch v. To become very dry from intense heat; to become dry from thirst or the lack of water.



I rather liked this word; it tied in nicely with today. I’d really thought it’d be quite a bit cooler than it turned out to be (looks like we won’t be getting a break—the next coupla days should be in the 100s) and, as I ran around maniacally downtown, I became rather parched.
My brain is a bit fried after today, and, as I sat trying to think of some way to apply this word to an illustration, I drifted off...deep into my own world. After being pulled back by a rather amused, slightly nervous nudge from my father (I guess I make crazy eyes when I space out) I began to draw this.




I really am not sure what it has to do with being “parched” other than having an oppressive sun.
Who knows.
In case you’re curious, go ahead and check out the zine at MojoHandZine.Blogspot.com...
Xx
r

No comments:

Post a Comment