8.09.2011

Day Two Hundred Forty Five


Oh, jeez. Okay. Well, here I am...exhausted and covered in black paint...on the floor of my basement surrounded by piles of freshly printed zine covers. Before I pass out, I thought I’d better do this little post.

*GASP*
I’ve spilled the beans.
The new project I’ve been griping about is, indeed, a zine. Which should be coming out around the end of the month if all goes well...




So, on to the mediocre post of today.

com-mo-di-ous adj. Roomy; spacious.



Because I was in the studio at the time, the focus was larger than usual-instead of fine pens and bits of clean paper, I was surrounded by screens and squeegees, jugs of paint, and huge rolls of paper. I decided, then, to go larger with today’s piece.



“Commodious” brought to mind something I think we’re all eagerly awaiting: cool weather. Specifically the relaxed, comforting sight of fall. I got to thinking about the change of atmosphere as the trees lose their leaves. What was a solid mass lining the streets is now open to the sky-the world seems much larger and emptier without the crowded bunches of green adorning the branches.

Xx
r

1 comment: