8.13.2011

Day Two Hundred Forty Nine


Alright well...I’m not quite sure what I did today. Found a decent post-punk album at the antique mall...spent the afternoon with the family.

So, I decided to start early with today’s piece in an effort to actually get some work done this evening.

kes-trel n. A small falcon, that hovers in the air with its head in the direction of the wind, having a gray and brown plumage, common in Europe inhabiting coasts, moors, and farms.



Alright! I was pretty excited to get today’s word. I’d been wanting to learn to draw birds for a while-the detail and shading of feathers really appeals to me. I decided to try to illustrate a bird from an angle that would allow me to really experiment with the feathers.



I’m not entirely thrilled with the way this came out but, because it’s one of my first times drawing a bird in flight, I’m not super disappointed.

Xx
r

1 comment:

  1. Whoa - this is great! Really nice definition - and your shading is absolutely masterful.

    ReplyDelete