9.14.2011

Day Two Hundred Eighty Two

The search for pants continues...after three? four? a million? hours of searching, I am still unable to find a pair of midget pants that are small enough to fit my waist. 
Buh. 

So, today's word brought back a lot...and made me miss having the time to work in the print studio. I think I'll start with the word, and continue on from there...


Pass-o-ver n. The Jewish holiday which commemorates the Exodus from Egypt. 

So, yeah. Not exactly the "Passover" I was thinking of, but good enough to bring up the memory. In case you are unaware of the Passover I'm referring to...


Since I was first introduced to it, and probably because the first 1,000,000 times I listened to this album, it has been closely connected with art, specifically silkscreening. Since then, this album has served to put me in a rather interesting creative state. As it moves from track to track, I sink deeper into a kind of artistic blur of ideas and inspiration. I print to it, I sketch to it...something about it is absolutely perfect for creating art. 
Anyway, I decided to illustrate a bit of the effect of "Passover".


I kind of like it. In fact, the feathered lines/dripping look created with a thin pen was first done successfully while listening to this album. 
Ah, music. 

xx
r






1 comment:

  1. The expression in the eyes - and that little collar kill me. You're SO good.

    ReplyDelete