9.18.2011

Day Two Hundred Eighty Six

I procured two good sized boards this weekend for an upcoming project/series. As soon as I settled in at home, I got right down to sanding and sketching-got the background layer sketched out. (Updates in photographic form to come when there's something worth showing.) It's strange, though-no vision of a piece has come to me in such a defined way. It's as if I've been working up to this for some time...turning it over in my head-playing with the pieces-boiling it down until I ended up with an incredibly clear picture. The biggest obstacle, I think, will be to remain open-minded enough through this process to allow the piece to evolve on its own as opposed to forcing it. 

Hmm...the thrill of beginning to create again fit with this word...


wake v. To come to consciousness, as from sleep. n. A vigil for a dead body; the surface turbulence caused by a vessel moving through water.



Little bit of awake. 
I tried something relatively new with the eyes...I think I may translate that to my upcoming piece....
xx
r



1 comment:

  1. VERY nice affect on the eyes - starstruck, gazy, in a trance, zen / wonder like..

    Can't wait for what's coming!

    ReplyDelete