9.21.2011

Day Two Hundred Eighty Nine

Typewriter font is back. Maybe back to say. We’ll see how good you are.

Slogged, and I mean SLOGGED through school today.
Maybe spending three hours on planning a very, very, very detailed vacation to Corsica for French II wasn’t the best use of my time. No. Screw that. Corsica beats applying my “knowledge” of inverse trigonometric functions to word problems any day.
I figured, since it’s early and I still have a bit of life left in me, that I’d try and make something kind of interesting out of today’s word.
So, with that (probably) empty promise made, shall we continue?



a- slant adv. In a slanting direction.

I’ve always liked words with the prefix a-...I resolve to use this word at least twice before the week is out...have to earn that pretentious hipster cred somehow.
(As I type, in typewriter font, on my personal art blog...)

This word, after spending an afternoon researching for shooting senior pictures, brought to mind the scores of awkwardly posed adolescents I’d clicked through on my travels around the internet. How awful. I couldn’t let that bleed into my work here. So I sat and stared that the wall for a while...thought about life and the earth and hoped to find some sort of greater meaning hidden within these six letters.
And, then, it was there.

I thought about the internal battle I often face of wondering if, because what I might think or feel is different than most of the world, I am wrong. This dilemma is often followed by me thinking that no; it does not mean I’m wrong...because what if the rest of the world is wrong?






Really, though, no one is wrong. 
No one is right.
It’s up to us to say if we ourselves are aslant or if, perhaps, the world is the one that’s a little off.

xx
r

3 comments: