10.07.2011

Day Three Hundred Five

Friday. 
Scored big at the library sale-picked up a few records from a Book of the Month Club collection that happened to feature Mississippi John Hurt among others. Hooray for 10 cent records!

Buh, let's see. What did I do today?

Worked on some promo posters for the next issue of the zine. Don't judge too harshly-they're far from done. 


pine n., Bot. Any of various cone-bearing evergreen trees; the wood of such a tree.


Mmm.
As the blog winds down, I'm getting back into the pastel work. 
Well, "pine" made me think of those wonderful days in the winter where you bundle up and go walking around. There's a group of trees by our house, on the way to downtown, with long needles that collect ice and snow. 
They freeze that way overnight; the drops suspended on their ends. I layered white pastel over the green to create a snow effect. 

I think I may use this winter to shoot a series of landscapes in film...maybe hand-color them after printing. That is, if we get any good snow. *fingers crossed*
xx
r

 

No comments:

Post a Comment