10.13.2011

Day Three Hundred Eleven

Pretty good day today. 
The weather...THE WEATHER! 
Although I didn't step outside until almost two in the afternoon (on the way from the house to the car), I had to stop and take a deep breath of this perfect fall air. 
I spent the greater part of my morning in the print studio. After cleaning it yesterday, I felt it needed to be 'broken in' again.  Did the first three layers of a new print. 





The text is a bit of writing from my early (angry) teenage years.
It looks better as part of a whole.
I'm antiquing the paper tomorrow to blend the layers into the background a bit, 
and then will print the character in a deep black. 

Now, enough about that.
It's time for (different) art.


in-fi-nite adj. Without boundaries; limitless; immeasurably great or large; in mathematics, greater in value than any specified number, however large; having measure that is infinite.

Today's word was brilliant.
It has always both scared and fascinated me. 



Always have to tape this paper down-it comes on a roll and refuses to stay flat. 
I'm happy to be getting back into the pastel work.
I love  the blending ability...it's so far from my inked, hard-lined illustrations.

xx

 

1 comment: